If you are a fan of tangy and refreshing drinks, you must have tried the famous Indian summer drink, Aam Panna. It is a classic drink made with raw mangoes, sugar, and spices. Aam Panna is not only delicious but also has several health benefits. Raw mangoes are rich in vitamin C and other nutrients, making Aam Panna a perfect drink to beat the summer heat and boost immunity.
Here is our comprehensive guide to making raw mango Aam Panna that will last a year:
- 2 kg raw mangoes
- 1.5 kg sugar
- 1/4 cup black salt
- 1/4 cup roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 cup black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- Large pot
- Blender or food processor
- Sterilized glass bottles with airtight lids
- Cheesecloth or strainer
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes. Cut them into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- In a large pot, add the mango pieces and enough water to cover them. Boil the mangoes until they become soft and mushy.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down. Once it’s cool enough to handle, blend the mangoes to make a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree through a cheesecloth or strainer to remove any fibrous bits.
- In a separate pot, add the sugar and 2 cups of water. Heat the mixture until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Once the sugar syrup has cooled down, add it to the mango puree and mix well.
- Add black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, fennel seeds, and cardamom powder to the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the Aam Panna into sterilized glass bottles with airtight lids.
- Store the bottles in a cool, dark place for at least a week before consuming. The longer you keep it, the better it will taste.
- When ready to serve, mix 1 part Aam Panna concentrate with 3 parts water or soda. Add ice and garnish with mint leaves or lemon wedges.
- Use ripe but firm raw mangoes for best results.
- Make sure the glass bottles are completely dry before pouring the Aam Panna into them.
- Store the Aam Panna in a cool and dark place to prevent fermentation.
- Make sure to sterilize the glass bottles and lids properly before using them.
- Adjust the amount of sugar and spices according to your taste preferences.
In conclusion, making raw mango Aam Panna that will last a year is a simple process that requires a few ingredients and some patience. With this comprehensive guide, you can easily make a large batch of Aam Panna concentrate and enjoy it throughout the year. Not only is it delicious, but it is also a healthy and refreshing drink that is perfect for beating the summer heat.
So, go ahead and try this recipe today, and let us know in the comments how it turned out for you.